WORK WITH ME
Creative types – we’re wired differently.
In my experience, often the very things that makes most creatives so good at what they do are the same things that can make walking the creative path and getting to where you want to be in your career, business or life somewhat challenging! You might recognise some of the following:
– An overactive mind that seems to be constantly whirring with ideas.
– A tendency to work to the point of exhaustion.
– A need for perfection – seeing anything less than 100% as a ‘failure’.
– A tendency to be extremely hard on yourself.
– Difficulty saying no to work or recognising when you need to take time off.
– Emotional intensity – you feel everything very powerfully and deeply.
– A tendency to focus on all the things you haven’t yet achieved as opposed to all the things you have already achieved.
– Difficulty staying organised and on top of ‘life admin’ and finances.
– Swinging from high to low to high again (to a large extent the nature of the beast when you’re an artist or performer but bloody exhausting nonetheless!)
– A tendency to equate your worth as an individual with your creative output.
– Not great with the concept of ‘moderation.’ You’re an all or nothing person and you struggle to find the middle ground.
How can coaching help me?
Moving forward with your dreams and big ideas CAN be simple. It might not always be easy but it certainly doesn’t have to be complicated and you don’t have to work to the point of exhaustion or burnout. It’s about discovering what works for you and continually refining and tweaking until you hit the sweet spot of calm, clarity, flow and focus. You have a unique and special brain. You see and experience the world in a very specific way, so in order to progress and move forward with purpose and conviction, it’s absolutely essential to get to know your Unique Operating System.
- How do you like to do things?
- What makes you feel good?
- What helps you stay on track and motivated?
- What do you need to have in place in order to give your all to something?
- What helps you get into that flow state of working and creating with ease?
- What is the right level of challenge that will move you out of your comfort zone, keeping you on your toes but not sweating with anxiety?
It’s different for every single person I work with, and one of the most important things we will do together is discover your OS!
Getting to know yourself at the deepest level
Caching is a powerful process of learning and self-discovery that helps you get clear on how you need to be and what you need to do in order to live a truly fulfilling creative life. It’s about discovering who you are at your very core and figuring out what’s most important to you as you work towards those very personal desired outcomes and goals.
What do you need to have in place emotionally, spiritually and psychologically, and, on a more practical level, what needs to change so that you can live a life that you feel excited and inspired by?
These are all things we will figure out together. And once the BIG IDEA is crystal clear in your mind, we will come up with an actionable plan to help you make the shifts and changes that will bring you closer to it. You are always in the driving seat and we will always work to your agenda, however, I’m here to help you map out the route, hold you accountable and give you all the support you need as you progress through each stage.
These are just some of the things we might explore and work on together:
– First things first – clarity! Let’s get crystal clear on what the big idea actually is. What will this business or project look like when you bring it to the world? What is the next step for you career-wise? How do you want things to change? What’s not working for you right now? In short, how do you want to be and feel and show up in your life? Rehearsals are over, it’s time for the curtain to go up!
– Confidence and self-belief. The truth is, you are the only person getting in the way of your own success. I know, it sucks. If only we could lay that one on someone else! We all have beliefs and behaviours that are standing firmly in front of us, blocking our route to the spotlight as we wait in the wings, ready for our big number. Like everything else about you, your saboteurs will be unique to your experiences and the particular wiring of your brain. Understanding how these saboteurs operate, what they whisper in your ear as you dare to dream and long for more, and how we can manage them, is absolutely key to progress. But like everything else in my coaching, we’ll make it fun!
– Setting boundaries and learning to get really comfortable with that tiny two-letter word – NO! I could literally write a thesis on this, but for now I’ll just say that learning to say no to the things that don’t support or serve you or move you further along the path to success allows you to say YES to the things you do want. Learning to say no is one of the most powerful steps you can take and I will suppprt you in practising this regularly – starting small and getting gradually more boundaried with your time and your energy.
– As mentioned above we will explore your Unique Operating System. Taking steps forward and doing things in a way that feels 100% right for you. Coaching is absolutely about moving out of your comfort zone but any action we agree on needs to feel right for you. If it makes you feel stressed or anxious or icky and doesn’t resonate with you, you won’t do it, simple as that. Your brain won’t allow it. Your amygdala will start firing and the danger signals will be flashing red all over the place. This is where my approach differs a little to other coaches. I am a firm believer in the power of humble steps that feel just challenging enough and are not going to make you run for the hills. I want to stretch you but not break you!
– If moving to the next level in your career or business is on the agenda, we’ll look at what that looks like on a practical level but also how you can prepare emotionally and psychologically for BIG THINGS. Levelling up brings a whole new set of rewards and challenges with it – particularly in the entertainment industry. We’ll look at how you can take the best care of yourself and not burn out if your career suddenly goes stellar.
– Systems and process. I know, I know – not an idea that sparks joy when you initially think about it, but from one spaghetti-brained creative to another, trust me when I say that implementing the right systems (and again, they’ve got to be absolutely right for you) can be a total game changer. Systems are the foundations upon which you build your success. Systems are freedom!
– We’ll also look at how you can find more space in your day. When schedules and commitments are hectic, it’s so important to find the time to stop, breathe, reflect and figure out what it is you really want. This is absolutely key to continued growth and development. An elite athlete understands the importance of rest and recuperation in order to perform at their absolute best when it’s time to step up. Creatives tend not to be great at the rest part!
Keen to get to work?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Check out the coaching options below and pick the one sounds like it’s just right for what you need right now.
- Pop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you ASAP with some times for us to meet.
- Once you’ve found a time that suits, I’ll send you an invite for your diary and a Zoom link for our first session (plus a link for payment if you’ve opted for the clarity session.)
- After our initial call I’ll check in with you a couple of days later to see how you’re doing. If you’re ready to get started, we’ll get your regular sessions booked in!
The coaching relationship
Whether we meet in person, via Zoom or over the phone, my intention is to create a safe and supportive space for your learning and discovery. This is your time and your opportunity to reflect, examine, ponder, question, vent if you need to, and bring any topic to the table.
After our initial consultation we will work together to get 100% clear on what you want to get from the process. It may be that you have a specific goal or outcome in mind, or it may be that you want support on an ongoing basis to help you meet the demands and challenges of your creative career.
Either way, consider your coaching session as a time to focus exclusively on yourself, slow down, take some much-needed space, and get the support you need to move forward with a sense of purpose and optimism.
90 MINUTES £145
Is there an idea floating around your head at the moment that feels a bit foggy? This session is all about getting clarity on what it is you want, why you want it and what first steps you can take in order to get the ball rolling.
8 Sessions £1200
Have you reached a career plateau but know you’ve got so much more to give? Do you feel ready for the next step and want to make some big shifts so you can really start fulfilling your potential? Up-levelling career wise can be….
8 Sessions £1500
Are you ready to launch or grow a creative business but have no idea where to start? Feeling overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff you need to get to grips with? I’ve been there several times. Let’s make a plan!
in your corner
At each session you can choose the topic you’d like to focus on and we’ll deep dive into it with curiosity and purpose. We’ll look at where you are now with that aspect of your life and what tweaks or changes you could make…